The UK Research Centre in Non-Destructive Evaluation (RCNDE) links world-class university research with industrial users of NDE to create a world-leading centre of excellence, designed to meet the cross-sector needs. RCNDE is a unique bridge between industries needing greater integrity and safety performance and the novel NDE technologies required to achieve this.
Industrial membership is open to all organisations in which NDE plays an important role, and benefits include:
- Priority access to emerging technologies
- Value-for-money shared research funding
- Networking and collaboration opportunities
- Access to world-class knowledge and next-generation talent.
There are two types of membership available, Full Industrial members (NDT users) and Associate members (NDT supply chain).
Full industrial members gain access to, and involvement in, all RCNDE activities. This includes core projects aimed at addressing industry’s strategic NDE needs over a 20-year horizon as well as targeted research projects to address specific industrial needs in the short and medium term. As such, full membership is a cost-effective way of accessing world-class expertise to undertake research that solves real-world problems. Full members benefit from:
1) steering research programmes to meet company strategic objectives
2) value for money through leverage of funding opportunities
3) cross-sector industrial collaboration and networking opportunities
4) early access to new technologies, including rights to use research outputs
5) access to state-of-the-art facilities and international experts for advice
6) access to the latest updates from the NDE supply chain (associate members)
7) access to world-class talent via RCNDE’s associated doctoral training scheme
8) facilitation of higher-TRL programmes
9) guidance and assistance with technology transfer
Cost: Full membership of the RCNDE is £42k per annum.
The NDE supply chain is a vital component in the successful transfer of technological advances arising from university research to their eventual practical application in industry. Associate membership is open to all parts of the NDE supply chain, offering a cost-effective way of accessing the research and talent in the RCNDE:
1) early awareness of research results
2) access to credible new technologies
3) participation in associated doctoral training scheme
4) special rates for small companies (SMEs)
5) access to world-class talent via RCNDE’s associated doctoral training scheme
6) facilitation of higher-TRL programmes
7) guidance and assistance with technology transfer
Cost: We offer a flexible fee structure based on organisation size, starting at £100 per annum, for example:
1) Fewer than 10 employees: £100 p.a.
2) 11-50 employees: £300 p.a.
3) 51-250 employees: £1,000 p.a.
4) More than 250 employees: £5,000 p.a.